What does funeral insurance cover?
The purpose of funeral insurance is to provide the relatives of the deceased with financial or material assistance. Paid on the death of the signatory, its purpose is to cover part of the costs generated by the organization of the funeral. The services as well as the guarantees attached to a funeral insurance can vary significantly according to the insurance companies. In addition to covering funeral costs, some contracts also allow you to settle many details related to a funeral ceremony: announcements, administrative procedures, etc. Note that funeral insurance should not be confused with death insurance.
How to choose funeral insurance?
Faced with the many funeral insurance contracts offered, it is appropriate to use an online comparator. For example, with Le Comparateur Assurance, you can easily and quickly find the formula best suited to your needs. To do this, all you have to do is answer a few questions relating to your profile or the amount of capital you wish to subscribe. In general, it is recommended to choose your funeral insurance contract taking into account:
- The type of funeral chosen: cremation, burial, etc.
- The region where the funeral ceremony takes place: for example, a burial in the Paris region can cost up to 7500 euros. Its price will be between 3000 and 5000 euros in the Province.
- The age at which the contract is taken out: the average age of taking out a funeral contract is between 50 and 60 years old.
In order to prevent any abuse, it is strongly recommended to request a funeral insurance quote. In this way, you are free to choose the quote that best meets your expectations and to sort through the various options offered.
What are the benefits of funeral insurance?
Taking out funeral insurance offers certain advantages, including:
- Provide financial support to loved ones: very expensive, funeral expenses are estimated at an average of 4,000 euros.
- Benefit from welcome support: an advisor is present to help the signatory and his family.
- A certain flexibility: thanks to the Sueur law of December 2004, a funeral insurance contract can be modified at any time.
- Tax advantages: funeral insurance is subject to a tax regime similar to that of life insurance. It is therefore exempt from inheritance tax.
Intended to spare loved ones the worries inherent in organizing a funeral, funeral insurance must be chosen with care. With this in mind, making an insurance comparison is very useful.